Missouri Cannabis Legal Status: Medical Sales are Legal
There is one primary governing body of Missouri cannabis: The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (Missouri DHSS) controls all aspect of the Missouri medical marijuana program. Construction is governed by the local municipal building department.
Building a dispensary in Missouri is subject to both local municipal building inspections, which follows the universal building code and also final inspections by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (Missouri DHSS).
The final Missouri cannabis building inspections are done through the local municipal building department but operation approval also must pass inspection by the Missouri DHSS. Local building inspectors will inspect that all building code requirements and standard life safety items have been satisfactorily met in the cannabis dispensary and the Missouri DHSS will inspect that the dispensary-specific requirements have been met such as proper surveillance, online monitoring, and required vault construction among other items.
The number of dispensary facility licenses are limited to 192 unless the department determines the limit must be increased in order to meet the demand for medical marijuana by qualifying patients.
Missouri Dispensary Recommended Security Requirements:
- Must have fully operational security alarm system on a ll entry/exit points, and perimeter windows
- Must be programmed to notify a monitoring center in the event of a breach
- A duress alarm, panic button and alarm, holdup alarm or after hour s intrusion detection alarm that by design and purpose will directly or indirectly notify, by the most efficient means, the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the law enforcement agency having primary jurisdiction
Missouri Cannabis Dispensary Recommended Video Surveillance:
- Cameras must continuously record for 24 hrs and be available in real time.
- Recordings shall not be destroyed or altered and retained for at least 90 days.
- A date and time stamp embedded on al l video surveillance recordings. The date and time shall be synchronized and set correctly and shall not significantly obscure the picture.
- Surveillance system must have capability to produce a still photo from any camera image either live or recorded and must have printer onsite.
- System must immediately notify the licensee of any equipment failure or system outage within 5 minutes of the event.
- Archive video recordings in format that ensures authentication of legitimately captured video and guarantees that no alterations of the video has taken place.
- The cameras shall be angled/directed so all areas are captured, including, but not limited to; safes, vaults, sales areas and areas where cannabis is stored, handled, dispensed or destroyed. Outside areas include store front, & parking lot.
- Camera must show POS and capture the sale, the individuals and the computer monitors used for the sale.
- Cameras shall be angled to allow for facial recognition, the capture of clear and certain identification of any person entering or exiting the dispensary area & in lighting sufficient during all times of night or day.
- All monitors must be 19-inches or greater.
- Sufficient battery backup for video cameras and recording equipment to support recording in the event of a power outage.
Missouri Cannabis Dispensary Vault and Missouri Cannabis Dispensary Storage Requirements
The walls, floors, and ceilings of the vault are typically constructed of at least eight (8) inches of reinforced concrete or other substantial masonry, reinforced vertically and horizontally with one-half (1⁄2) inch steel rods tied six (6) inches on center, or the structural equivalent to such reinforced walls, floors, and ceilings. Alternate methods of metal stud framing and barrier mesh is allowed under certain circumstances.
The door and frame unit of which vault shall have thirty (30) man-minutes against surreptitious entry, ten (10) man- minutes against forced entry, twenty (20) man-hours against lock manipulation, and twenty (20) man-hours against radiological techniques;
The vault, if operations require it to remain open for frequent access, shall be equipped with a “day-gate” which is self-closing and self-locking, or the equivalent, for use during the hours of operation in which the vault door is open
Authorized on-premises storage. A dispensing organization must store inventory on its premises. All inventory stored on the premises must be secured in a restricted access area and tracked consistently with the inventory tracking rules.
A dispensary shall be of suitable size and construction to facilitate cleaning, maintenance, and proper operations.
A dispensary shall maintain adequate lighting, ventilation, temperature, humidity control, and equipment.
Containers storing cannabis that have been tampered with, damaged, or opened shall be labeled with the date opened and quarantined from other cannabis products in the vault until they are disposed.
Cannabis that was tampered with, expired, or damaged shall not be stored at the premises for more than 7 calendar days.
Cannabis samples shall be in a sealed container. Samples shall be maintained in the restricted access area.
The dispensary storage areas shall be maintained in accordance with the security requirements in this Act and rules.
Cannabis must be stored at appropriate temperatures and under appropriate conditions to help ensure that its packaging, strength, quality, and purity are not adversely affected.
Missouri requires applicants of all medical marijuana dispensaries to provide a map of their proposed medical dispensary facility showing that it complies with a one thousand foot buffer from churches, day cares and schools.
However, interestingly enough, the local municipalities may reduce the buffer zone. For instance, the following are the requirements for a dispensary in Kansas City, Missouri:
- All medical marijuana production facilities must be located at least 750 feet away from schools and at least 300 feet away from day-care facilities and churches.
- Dispensaries must be located at least 300 feet away from schools, day-care facilities and churches.
“MoCannTrade is an association of business owners and professionals proactively working together to build a successful, safe and compliant medical cannabis industry.
Our membership-based association is governed by a 15-member Board of Directors and 45-member Advisory Board with backgrounds in medical marijuana, licensed facility operations, as well as healthcare, law, science, agriculture, law enforcement, security, commercial real estate, finance, government and public affairs. Our collective association voice is comprised of five external industry facing committees, 3 internal association management committees, the MoCannTrade PAC, our volunteer staff and full time Executive Director on behalf of over 300 business members.
We are the largest, most influential cannabis trade association in Missouri, speaking with a unified voice to ensure a sensibly regulated and robust state medical marijuana program.”
Cannabis News – Active Dispensaries
Organic Remedies 350 N Kings Highway St. Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701
Bloom Medicinals 69 Doctors Park, Cape Girardeau, Missouri 65803
Blue Sage Cannabis Company 429 Peachtree Dr, Carthage, MO 64836
3Fifteen Primo Cannabis 4003 Ponderosa St, Columbia, MO 65201
Shangri-La 1501 Creekwood Pkwy, Columbia, Missouri 65202
Shangri-La 3919 Peachtree Dr. Columbia, Missouri 65201
Holistic Missouri 1400 Forum Blvd, Columbia, Missouri 65203
Como Health 4003 Ponderosa St., Columbia, Missouri 65201
Flora Farms Dispensary 68 E 300 Rd, Humansville, MO 65674
Purple Leaf 15823 E. Us Highway 24, Independence, Missouri 64050
Grassroots 13621 E 40 HWY, Independence, Missouri 64055
Health, Wellness & Nutrition Center LLC 606 Dix Rd, Jefferson City, Missouri 65109
Missouri Health and Wellness 1404 Missouri Blvd. Jefferson City, Missouri 65109
Shangri-La 1417 Missouri Blvd, Jefferson City, Missouri 65109
Missouri Made Marijuana 7110 W 20th St., Joplin, Missouri 64804
Grassroots 1729 E 7th St., Joplin, Missouri 64801
Astro Farms 4B HWY 171 & Fir Road Joplin, Missouri 64804
V3 7025 Prospect Ave, Kansas City, Missouri 64132
True Level 240 E. Linwood Blvd, Kansas City, Missouri 64111
Purple Leaf 2631 NE. Vivion Rd., Kansas City, Missouri 64119
Fresh Green 7130 Wornall Rd., Kansas City, Missouri 64114
Blue Sage Cannabis Company 1210 Deadra Dr, Lebanon, MO 65536
Kansas City Cannabis Company 9322 MO-7, Lee’s Summit, Missouri 64064
Fresh Green 1041 NE. Sam Walton Ln, Lee’s Summit, Missouri 64086
Mo Med 106 N. Clark St. Moberly, MO 65270
Green Releaf 412 W. Coates St. Moberly, MO 65270
Missouri Joint Ventures 202 West St, Nixa, MO 65714
V3 – O’Fallon 1172 W Terra Ln. O’Fallon, Missouri 63366
Missouri Wild Apothecary 1120 Technology Dr. O’Fallon, Missouri 63368
Missouri Wild Apothecary 2173 W. Terra Ln, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366
Blue Sky Health & Wellness1197 Bryan Rd. O’Fallon, Missouri 63366
Bloom Medicinals Phoenix Parkway & Technology Drive, O’Fallon, Missouri 63368
V3 850 E Kearney St., Springfield, Missouri 65803
Revival Ninety-Eight 2860 S. Austin Ave., Springfield, Missouri 65807
Ozarx Botanicals 3800 W. Sunshine St., Springfield, Missouri 65807
Old Route 66 Wellness 2823 N. Glenstone Ave, Springfield, Missouri 65803
Grassroots 1306 N. Stewart Ave, Springfield, Missouri 65802
Bloom Medicinals 751 S. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, Missouri 65802
True Level 2221 N Belt Hwy, St. Joseph, Missouri 64506
Vertical 402 Messanie St, St. Joseph, Missouri 64501
Mother Dispensaries 4225 Commonwealth Court, St. Joseph, Missouri 64503
VMO-Ops Inc. 3420 Iowa Ave. St. Louis, Missouri 63118
New Growth Horizon 7417 S. Lindbergh Blvd, St. Louis, Missouri 63123
Nature’s Med 234 Kingston Dr. St. Louis, Missouri 63125
Holistic Missouri 20 S. Euclid Ave, St. Louis, Missouri 63108
Harvest of Missouri 859 Robert Raymond Dr., Lake St. Louis, Missouri 63367
Growing Jobs Missouri 5870 Martin Luther King Dr., St. Louis, Missouri 63112
Growing Jobs Missouri 2732 Cherokee St. St. Louis, Missouri 63118
Growing Jobs Missouri 1463 S. Vandeventer Ave, St. Louis, Missouri 63110
GF Wellness 3737 S. Grand Blvd, St. Louis, Missouri 63118
GF Wellness 6660 Manchester Ave, St. Louis, Missouri 63139
Como Health 5501 Chippewa St. St. Louis, Missouri, 63109
Captiva Healing 9933 Watson Rd. St. Louis, Missouri 63126
Beleaf Medical 2734 Lafayette Ave. St. Louis, Missouri 63104
Beleaf Medical 6036 Delmar Blvd. St. Louis, Missouri 63112
Beleaf Medical 1315 Cherokee St. St. Louis, Missouri 63118
Agri-Genesis 6407 Michigan Ave, St. Louis, Missouri 63111
Mint 150 Mid Rivers Mall Cir, St. Peters, Missouri 63376
Heya 4300 N Service Rd, Saint Peters, Missouri
GF Wellness 3004 S. Saint Peters Pkwy, St. Peters, Missouri 63303
Beleaf Medical 104 Hospital Dr. St. Peters, Missouri 63376
Swade Dispensary 146 Jungermann Road St. Peters, MO 63376